Circular Economy Project Officer
Go Circular is a circular economy (CE) advisory organisation founded in 2020. Our goal is to deliver the values and benefits of the circular economy and long-term sustainability to businesses, communities, governments and knowledge institutions.
Focusing on collaboration, our passionate team use their diverse knowledge, experience, resources and connections to reach across relevant sectors of business and government.
Our team is growing. We are looking for an engaged and passionate circular economy project officer. If you are passionate about sustainability, know at least a bit about the circularity economy, and want to make positive impact, we would love to hear from you.
About the role
As a circular economy project officer, you will support the development and delivery of a number of circular economy projects, CE engagement and capability building programs with industry and local & state government stakeholders.
You will support the project team in researching, identifying, and engaging potential collaboration partners for projects, applying research and being innovative in the delivery of the projects; liaising with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the desired impact; and collating project feedback and data for project milestone reports.
To succeed, you are able to engage with stakeholders from various backgrounds and levels of expertise, and you can build professional, productive, long-term relationships.
Feedback that you receive suggests that you are an excellent communicator and facilitator. You have knowledge or experience in project management and delivery. You should also have at least a basic understanding and a high level of curiosity about the circular economy.
What we offer you
We offer in depth training on the job in circular economy theory and leading practices. That is to help you build a foundation for a future leadership role in developing and managing the circular economy of a precinct, region or organisation. This role represents a great challenge and opportunity for a passionate person who loves to learn continuously and wants to make a difference. You will take up responsibilities in a vibrant and talented team. Salary is competitive – role is based in Newcastle.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Lead the ongoing relationship management of Go Circular projects and identify new project opportunities.
- Capability Building: Ongoing support for the development, improvement and contextualisation of material to help business operators and others learn about their circular economy opportunities.
- Deliver workshops and other stakeholder engagement activities with Go Circular’s senior consultants. Support the integration of key tools, frameworks, and platforms into GC projects. For example, work with our technical experts to simplify and adapt ‘circularity gap’ metrics for use in small to medium sized enterprises in Australia to help them to prioritise between investing in, for instance, renewable electricity or water-saving strategies.
- Project Administration: Document, help publish and suitably file findings from projects, workshops and other activities. Keep track of project participants and their interests, helping to cultivate a ‘community of practice’ in circular economy among business operators.
- Systems Thinking: See the bigger picture – such as the link between an initiative to reduce textile waste and regional greenhouse gas emissions – and help to identify opportunities to compound impact to help accelerate the transition toward a more circular economy.
- Collaboration: Work closely with colleagues and project partners, promoting a culture of empathy and understanding in all activities.
Essential skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Environment, Environmental management, Sustainability; Business Development, Marketing or Management
- 2-3 years of experience in project delivery and helping to facilitate workshops
- A passion for working with aspects of the circular economy and sustainability
- Proven experience in building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, networking, partnership development, and relationship management, including with counterparts who are at a senior level in their organisations.
Application closing date:
10th September 2023
Based in Newcastle, NSW
To apply please respond a cover letter addressing above selection criteria and CV to email@example.com .
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women apply only if they meet 100% of them. You don’t need to be 100% qualified for the role; we will grow together!